This plan will help define the future of transportation in the City of Lewiston and the surrounding Area of City Impact.
What is it?
The City of Lewiston 2020 Transportation Plan aims to define the future of transportation in the City of Lewiston and its surrounding Area of City Impact (ACI). The plan will help guide multimodal transportation improvements in Lewiston for the next 20 years by establishing transportation goals and objectives, consolidating projects from other existing transportation plans and studies conducted over the past decade, and identify new projects based on analysis of existing conditions. Three important elements will make up the plan and assist in implementation:
Project Prioritization Criteria (PPC)
The PPC will allow for projects to be prioritized using a transparent process that includes scoring of both quantitative and qualitative criteria. Criteria is being developed based on past public input on transportation in Lewiston and work with community stakeholders.
Transportation Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
The Transportation CIP applies the PPC process to rank and phase projects, with annual updates to ensure the project list is current, adaptive, and effective.
Public Participation Guide (PPG)
The PPG will define how the public will be involved in shaping the CIP annually. The guide will outline how the City will engage the public and how input will be incorporated.
What is the current status of the project?
Background information has been collected and reviewed to assist in developing project prioritization criteria and the transportation capital improvement project list. The project team will be meeting in the near future with stakeholders who will advise the City as the PPC and PPG are finalized.
- The PPC and PPG will be finalized using the input provided by stakeholders.
- Analysis of existing and future transportation conditions will be completed and used to develop new projects to compliment those collected from past plans and studies.
- The PPC will be used to prioritize projects, forming the Transportation CIP.
- The Transportation CIP and a draft of overall transportation plan will be presented to the City Council during a work session and posted online for a 30-day public review.
- Final changes will be made, with an anticipated adoption of the plan occurring near the end of 2020.
How can I be involved?
The draft Transportation CIP and transportation plan will be posted on the City’s website for public review and comment. Additionally, the public can attend the City Council work session and the City Council adoption meeting to provide input.
Who can I contact regarding the Plan?
Engineering Project Supervisor
City of Lewiston