The Lewiston City Library was founded in 1901 by the women of the Tsceminicum Club, who wrote to Andrew Carnegie requesting funding to build a public library for the citizens of Lewiston. Carnegie responded and with a commitment from the city to maintain the library after its completion, the Carnegie Library was built on the present site of Pioneer Park, where the building still stands.
The library was located on Thain Road from 1973 until 2013 when it moved to the new downtown location at 411 D Street.
The mission of the Lewiston City Library is to provide the people of Lewiston with free and open access to knowledge, ideas and information and to support them in their pursuit of learning.
Library Hours and Staff
Meet the Director