Lewis & Clark Discovery Collection
Lewis & Clark Discovery Collection Trunks
An educational resource for students, youth groups, or anyone wanting to explore the epic journey of the Voyage of Discovery, the Lewis and Clark collection is a series of nine trunks separated thematically to reflect nine different aspects of the expedition.
The Nine Trunks
Reserving the Trunks
- Animal Parts: Hides, antlers, dung from various wildlife encountered during the Expedition
- Native American Artifact Replicas: Replicas of Native American artifacts
- Captain Clark's Trunk: Trade goods and navigation equipment
- Private Shannon and Everyday Military Life: Items used for everyday survival
- Botanicals Trunk: Plants samples gathered along the journey
- Medicine and Chemicals: Medical instruments and chemicals
- Patrick Gass Woodworking Tools
- John Shields Metalworking Tools
- Food Provisions Trunk
- Two business days notice is required. Call the library at (208) 798-2525 or email us.
- Trunks can be picked up at the library or shipped to outlying areas at borrower's expense.
- No deposit is required and no fee is charged for use of the trunks.
- The borrower is responsible for damages or lost items.
- A library staff member will come to present the trunks if given sufficient notice.