Resources for Kids
TumbleBooks is a collection of online ebook databases. TumbleBooks' databases are easy to use, and feature unlimited access from home! You can read as many books as you want, when you want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly! This resource will be freely available until April 30th.
Knowbuddy Resources, in partnership with publishers Amicus, Black Rabbit Books, Bookstaves and The Creative Company, is providing free unlimited access to hundreds of eBooks through their online virtual portal. These resources will be available to everyone until the end of May. Virtual collections include: Fiction, K-2 Non-Fiction, 3-5 Non-Fiction, 6-8 Non-Fiction, and Spanish.
- DayByDay - Complete story times delivered every day with a book of the day, rhymes, songs, videos, crafts and more!
- Learn at Home - Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers. Just find your grade level and let the learning begin!
- Stimola Live is a website of live stream events for kids, tweens, and teens by professional authors and illustrators represented by Stimola Literary Studio.
LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems
- Lunch Doodles - Mo Willems invites you into his studio every day for his LUNCH DOODLE. Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo's studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks. Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons and join Mo to explore ways of writing and making together.
Kids Ask Authors with Grace Lin
- Kids Ask Authors is a weekly 5-10 minute podcast where children's book author/illustrator Grace Lin and a guest author answer one question from a child reader. Most episodes will end with a book review, poem, short story, or a joke by kids!
The LiLI Databases (LiLI-D) provide full-text reference materials in the form of electronic articles from magazines, professional journals, newspapers, encyclopedias, reference books and more. LiLI tools are free to all Idaho residents. There's something for everyone for education, business, and recreation.
LiLI is provided by the Idaho Commission for Libraries and assisted with funds from the Library Services and Technologies Act through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).