Seaport River Run 2021 - The Virtual Year
The 43rd Annual Seaport River Run is moving forward with a little twist to keep everyone safe and on track as we continue this wonderful tradition. For the first time ever, participants will race virtually!
"We’ve had a loyal group of runners, walkers, and racers over the lifetime of this great event,” City of Lewiston Parks and Recreation Director Tim Barker said. “We want to ensure that all of our participants can still enjoy this event wherever they might live."
The virtual fun run will have the same options of 5k and 10k. Registration costs and the purchase of annual t-shirt options will help support Lewis-Clark Valley YoungLife.
“Our Seaport River Run committee was hoping to have an in-person run/walk this Spring,” Barker said. “However, the current health crisis that continues to draw concern in our nation altered well-intended plans of having a big in-person event.”
Barker expressed that safety is the top priority. The thousands of participants, vendors, volunteers, and well-wishers along the course cannot be facilitated safely under current standards set by the state and leading health agencies in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are excited for the potential return of an in-person run in 2022,” Barker said.
The 2021 virtual format will allow for participants not to skip a beat and run/walk anywhere. For participants living in the valley, you can still enjoy the traditional short or long courses. For those living outside of the area just choose a course to your liking and preferred distance.
Seaport River Run - The Virtual Year will work like this:
Runners or walkers have a variety of options to sign up and must register between February 8th and April 9th. There will be no late registration available this year.
- Go to raceentry.com, search “Seaport River Run 2021,” and select from the options.
- Walk-in registration is available at the Lewiston Community Center, 1424 Main Street, Lewiston, Idaho 83501 through April 9th.
- Participants can mail in the registration form. Please send to Lewiston Community Center, PO Box 617 Lewiston, ID 83501.
Participants will receive the following items in their race day package that may be picked up at the Lewiston Community Center between April 15th-16th, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., or mailed if the participant lives out of the area:
- 43rd annual race bib
- Choice of cotton or dri-fit t-shirt
- Course map and alternative run options
Participants wanting to be eligible for the top 10 times per age group must do the following:
- Select the time entry option on raceentry.com.
- Between Saturday, April 17th, and Sunday, April 25th, participants run or walk the 5K or 10K course of their choosing. The course can be done anywhere.
- After completing the race, participants will need to post a picture from their smart device that displays their course route and time on the raceentry.com website.
- The top 10 finishers in each age category will have times posted in the Lewiston Morning Tribune on Tuesday, April 27th.