Vollmer and Scott Building (modern Morgan’s Alley) Built 1905
The structure was originally two adjacent but separate buildings that were later combined through interior corridors.
Constructed for John Vollmer and his business partner Wallace Scott, the building originally faced D Street and was generally known as the Scott building. When it opened, Cash Hardware occupied the east side, with Vollmer & Co on the west side and the Lewiston Tribune on the second story, which in later years housed the offices of the Washington Water Power Company.
Vollmer-Scott Building circa 1934
The Historic Preservation Commission would like to recognize and thank Dr. Steven Branting and the Nez Perce County Historical Society and Museum for the access to and contributions from their extensive archives for this project. Special thanks go to Commissioner Leah Boots for her countless hours of work to make this project a reality.
This project is supported in part by the Idaho State Historical Society.