Kjos Department Store and New Idaho Trust Building (historic) (currently Towne Square) Built 1904 to 1909
This large building is really two smaller buildings joined. The east section once housed the New Idaho Trust from 1904 to 1909, while the west portion of the building was the Kjos Department Store, which was succeeded by the R.C Beach, C.C Anderson, and later The Bon Marche, before it relocated to the Lewiston Center Mall in July 1978. The clock tower on the northwest corner was added in 1981 as a part of an overall remodeling of the building.
R.C. Beach 1911
The Historic Preservation Commission would like to recognize and thank Dr. Steven Branting and the Nez Perce County Historical Society and Museum for the access to and contributions from their extensive archives for this project. Special thanks go to Commissioner Leah Boots for her countless hours of work to make this project a reality.
This project is supported in part by the Idaho State Historical Society.