Curbside service with computer and meeting space by appointment.
Lynn Johnson, Library Director
November 24, 2020
Due to the rise in COVID19 cases in our community, the Lewiston City Library will move to offering library users materials through curbside delivery only, as well as computer and meeting room access by appointment beginning Monday, November 30, 2020.
Library card holders may request materials to be picked up at the 5th Street entrance:
- Monday - Thursday (10:00AM - 6:30PM)
- Friday - Saturday (10:00AM - 4:30PM)
- Materials to be picked up must be placed on hold through the library card holder's account at Valnet.org. Patrons can also call the library at 208-798-2525 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
- You will be notified through text, email, or by phone when their items are ready for pick-up.
- When you arrive to pick up your holds, park along the 5th street curb (the entrance with the fountain) and call the library (208-798-2525) or ring the doorbell to let the staff know that you are at the library and ready to pick up your holds.
- Library staff will check out your holds and bring them out to you. You may be asked to wait in a specific area to pick up your holds in order to maintain social distancing.
- If you have items to return, they can be placed in the dropbox located on the 5th Street side of the building. Library staff will not take your returns at curbside.
- Please keep in mind that if a staff member does not answer your call when you arrive, it is because they are helping another patron. Please leave a voice message and they will get back to you ASAP.
Computer and Meeting Space Reservations
Computer appointments and reservations for the first floor meeting room may be made by phone at 208-798-2525. For those unable to wear a mask, we request that library staff be made aware when you make the reservation.